Saturday, April 18, 2009

Three Cups of Tea- the book

I have just finished reading Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David O. Relin.
If you have not read it, I encourage you to. It is an example of a man, Greg Mortenson, identifying and committing to his life's purpose for the benefit of others. It is one man's humanitarian journey and vision to fight terrorism by building schools for girls in Pakistan and Afghanistan. It is a remarkable story.

"When your heart speaks, take good notes." -Judith Campbell

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved that book--especially his commitment to educating girls. I'm curious about what he's doing in the current situation.

Maureen Braun said...

Much of the same work. There is still so much to do.

elisabeth said...

This book has been on my book list for quite a while. I might just have to move it up to the top...