Saturday, July 3, 2010

Coming home...

Coming home from a retreat, life always seems a little wobbly at first.
For a few days I seem to have one foot in "my retreat life" and one foot in my "real life". I find myself wanting to keep part of myself in "retreat memory" as there is so much goodness there... clarity and wisdom that I want to bring to my life and my practice. Yet I know I soon have to get both feet back into the here and now. However, my feet somehow are walking differently... maybe a little slower, a little more intentional, a little wiser and a little lighter. I am smiling more, laughing more. I feel more playful and open.
I remind myself... "You are changed. You are not the same person who left a week ago. The dust of the retreat is in your heart and soul. You are nourished on many levels and you are home once again."

No comments: