Friday, April 26, 2013

Class # 3

Slogan:  Don't Expect Applause.
I hope you are all taking this into your week and seeing how it applies.  I think of aparigraha when I consider the ability to be unattached to receiving praise for all that we do.    How much do we need appreciation or acknowledgement?   I think we all need it to some extent.   It feels like we are SEEN when we receive that from others, however it may be more about our attachment to it.

 There is a purity of heart when we are able to do for others and allow that to be the gift in itself.
The author suggests" "More than to expect thanks, it would be helpful just to expect the unexpected".... being curious and inquisitive about what comes.
   Also it is important to express gratitude but not so that we expect to be liked or get something back.   I wonder if we are even conscious of that.

"Simply keep the door open without expectation!"  

This reading (and my commentary) comes from Pema Chodron's book:  Comfortable with Uncertainty


No comments: