Thursday, March 3, 2011

Open to All Possibilities

Surrender includes being open to whatever is happening... being open to the "now event".
This is easier sometimes than other times. That was brought home to me quite clearly last weekend when plans shifted because of bad weather and I ended up with two commitments for the same day. If I choose one I would be missing a 'celebration of life' for a dear friend. If I choose the other I would hurt someone dear to me by not following through on a plan made many months ago.
For some this might be hardly a dilemma at all. Yet for me it was very difficult. I knew what I had to do but was mentally and emotionally in resistance. When we resist, as I well know, it creates suffering. Over the next few days, as I studied my mental process, I learned a lot about resistance. As I moved more and more into my "wisdom mind" I began to see what was real instead of what my old perception was viewing.
As I look back, I recognize it was okay to be disappointed that I would not be able to attend the celebration of life, to feel those feelings. However when I failed to move on I got stuck in old thinking patterns that were not spacious and not full of possibilities, they were rigid and focused on "doing the right thing".
Sometimes "the right thing" is not what we think it is at all.
Maybe sometimes we need to let go of our perception of right and wrong and listen to a Bigger Voice.

No comments: