Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Collages

Do you love the beginning of January as much as I do? ... Maybe, maybe not. Well the reason I love it is because it symbolizes a fresh opening into a myriad of possibilities. I contemplate what I have, where I am now, what inspires me and get current with my "heart and soul". I then commit or recommit to what I would like more of, what I hold dear and true and what I can do to embody that in my life.
One way that I use to "get current" with what is resonating in my life is to do a "circle collage". These little collages only take about 1 hour to do. Basically you just go through magazines, catalogs etc and find images that inspire you or you are attracted to in some way. You find as many images as you can in the first 30 min with your intuitive sense. ( Don't think too much, feel instead and be decisive without questioning your decisions.) Then you cut, arrange and paste the images on a large circle of heavy paper ( I use poster board that I have cut into a 15 inch circle.) If you do this with a friend or in a group it is then fun to share what you have experienced and what these images seem to mean to you at this time. Later as you look at your collage they may take on new meanings. At any rate, it is a fun activity and you will learn things about yourself that were underneath the rational, thinking mind that sometimes hides our true selves. Above all have fun with this.

No comments: