Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thanks to all of you who came to the Open House. It was lovely to have you here.
I do understand the dilemma some of you had with the weather,
delayed Christmas celebrations, out of town trips, etc.
May your "new year" be full of delight and wonder!!!!

It is my birthday today. My husband gave me a little book entitled, WABI SABI. The Art of Everyday Life.
I read this quote today, from this lovely and wise little book:
"NOTHING IS SECURE BUT LIFE, TRANSITION, THE ENERGIZING SPIRIT... PEOPLE WISH TO BE SETTLED; ONLY SO FAR AS THEY ARE UNSETTLED IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THEM." -Emerson

2 comments:

BBB said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen! Wishing you a great year.
Barbara C

Unknown said...

Hi Maureen! Happy Birthday and New Year (yours as well as the world's)!
We're back from CA and I'm looking forward to seeing you--Monday@5?