Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Broken Open" - a book

I am reading a book entitled Broken Open. How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow by Elizabeth Lesser.
I am not reading it because I am going through a "difficult time". I am actually in a place of ease right now. Yet there are just certain books that seem to jump into my hands, and I wonder why. I am always interested in the wisdom of those who have had challenges that I may not have had, for who knows what is down the road. I suspect I have been seeking some wisdom to a hidden question in my heart. Maybe there is something that needs to break open. Maybe there is a need to return back to a time of breaking open and revisit it, finding the alchemy, the healing that was specific and personal.
Challenges are always just around the corner. Usually we do not have to go looking for them.
I am aware that I hold back at times, waiting for my intuitive sense to give me a sign, for my passion to fuel me with energy. I protect my heart. I protect and nurture my need for order and beauty.
But hearts are meant to break open in different ways over and over again and of course it will be untidy, full of feelings and it may hurt. Finding that in between place of good boundaries and taking risks.... being careful, but not too careful....that is my task. Everyday we make those choices.
What choices am I making today.?...
Am I letting myself take a leap?
Can I take a leap with my heart wide open?
I am so aware that I am surrounded by grace and love.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Maureen-
I am so in awe of your ability to express yourself and to be so open. You continually inspire me to look closely at how I live my life. Considering the roller coaster that is my life of late, I'll be going out tomorrow to buy the book!
Namaste, Susan Hansen
PS Please extend my gratitude to your husband for the generous gift of his knowledge and time. He was so very helpful

Maureen Braun said...

Thanks Susan.
Much appreciated.